Thursday, August 5, 2010

Big Dreams, Big Goals

Emma is not a regular size cat, she's a wee bit smaller, but she has a big concept of herself. Ted was telling me she was stalking a jack rabbit Tuesday morning.
She often visits me while I work downstairs on upholstery jobs, and today she came down, but I noticed she didn't greet me as she usually does. . . . that only means one thing . . . she brought a friend with her!
Today it was a vole. I didn't know what it was at first. Surely not a mouse - not that big! A rat? Not in Alberta, hopefully. It was pretty docile until Ted tried to grip it with his tool, then it got bit excited.

Finally we captured the poor thing in a bucket with a cardboard base and sent him back into the canola field. Any guesses as to how long his stay there will be??