Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cleaning Tips

Now there's something I haven't ever shared!  But I came across a couple of great tips today and I'm going to give them both a try!  I think the prices at the supermarket are getting way out of line, so here goes . . . .
Home made dish washing cleaner

Powdered Dishwasher Detergent/Scouring Powder:
* 1 cup Washing soda or Baking soda (I've seen many recipes that use both..so use whatever you have on hand)
* 1 cup Borax (Borax and baking soda/wash are both natural disinfectants and mild abrasives.)
* 1/4 cup Kosher salt (reduces the effects of hard water)
* 1/4 cup citric acid (available at brewing places or  as an alternative you can use the same amount of Fruit Fresh or two packets of Lemonade-Flavored Kool-Aid, ONLY lemon and ONLY unsweetened!)


Here's a tip for cleaning your washing machine . . .  
I have made unsuccesful attempts at scrubbing mine out but nothing I was doing seemed to make much difference . . .  so I tried this:

http://www.askannamoseley.com/2011/02/reader-question-cleaning-your-washing.html