Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Focus . . . one little word


My one little word last year was Story and a year of the Story it was! I made some major breakthroughs in family geneology tracing my Dad’s ancestors back to the Black Sea region of Russia. I didn’t participate in the class and now that I see what wonderful surprises are in store, I’m sorry I didn’t get to develop my word in 2011.

Yesterday I began a year long class of prompts called One Little Word  which is instead of listing resolutions that go in one year and out the other.  


The definition of Focus, I had expected to discover.  It means the concentration of attention or energy on something; to maximize clarity or distinctiveness on something.

I hadn’t expected to go hunting for quotes about focus.  It was just what I needed. 
Three of my favorites . . .

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex:  You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.

Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.